Joe Biden was inaugurated this week as the 46th president of the United States of…
Hubris is defined as excessive pride and confidence. It is usually accompanied by a total lack of humility. What is surprising is that these same individuals often possess poor knowledge of the subjects that they are most confident about!
Leaders that are confident and offer inspiration are what we expect. However, leaders who exhibit hubris are toxic.
How do you spot one of these toxic leaders? Here are the signs:
- An excessive and petty concern over self-image
- Using power over others to glorify themselves
- Contempt for, and excessive and unfair criticism, of others
- Referring to oneself as a the one and only saviour
- Behaving recklessly or impulsively
- Incompetence caused by a lack of attention to the facts
Do you know someone like this?
If so, don’t vote for them!